Set time of calculation
Phases of the Moon
Upcoming moon phases
|Tuesday, 8 December 2020, 0h 37m 46s UTC||Last Quarter|
|Monday, 14 December 2020, 16h 17m 52s UTC||New Moon|
|Monday, 21 December 2020, 23h 42m 54s UTC||First Quarter|
|Wednesday, 30 December 2020, 3h 29m 38s UTC||Full Moon|
- Phase Angle - The angle between the light incident from the Sun onto the Moon and the light reflected from the moon.
- Illuminated fraction - The illuminated fraction of the moon in percent.
- New Moon - Moon reaches 0° in geocentric ecliptical longitude. Solar eclipses may take place, if knot passage takes place within about one day.
- First Quarter - Moon is at 90° ecliptical longitude.
- Full Moon - Moon is at 180° ecliptical longitude. Lunar eclipses may take place, if knot passage is not too far away.
- Last Quarter - Moon is at 270° ecliptical longitude.